Our client is a highly regarded multi office firm of Consulting Engineers. They have a talented Civil Infrastructure design team who have a varied and exciting workload and are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Graduate to join their team in Henley on Thames.
- Design of drainage, service, road infrastructure and earthworks on a broad range of projects that include industrial, commercial, residential, retail, health and leisure developments.
- Preparation of associated drawings from concept stage through to construction.
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements and Service Strategy Reports as well as design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems from concept stage through to implementation.
- Design and detailing of works associated with highway (s.278, s.38, etc.) and drainage agreements (s.104, s.185, etc) as well as other relevant consents / permits and negotiation of technical approvals.
- Site audits and feasibility assessments.
- Growing civil engineering expertise as well as maintaining and developing Client relationships.
- Management, leadership, support and coaching of other team members in undertaking technical work and report writing.
Key Skills & Experiences
- Relevant degree plus 3+ years’ experience in a civil engineering role
- Experience writing reports such as Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements, etc.
- Experience preparing drawings using AutoCAD.
- Experience carrying out design of foul and surface water drainage systems using MicroDrainage.
- Experience carrying out vehicle swept path assessments using AutoTrack.
- Experience using ground modelling software for the design of horizontal / vertical alignment, earthworks, etc.
- Experience of negotiations with highway authorities, drainage authorities and Environment Agency.
- Knowledge of national guidance such as Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions, Manual for Streets, Sewers for Adoption, Building Regulations, etc.
- Effective project and client management skills
- High standard of written and oral communication
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines with a positive and enthusiastic approach
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team in various disciplines and types of project with a proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- Ability to generate and apply ideas to create innovative and viable solutions
- Sound commercial awareness
This is an excellent opportunity to build a career in a rapidly expanding civil and structural engineering practice. A generous salary / benefits package will be offered, which will be negotiable depending on ability / experience etc.
For further details, contact : Ian White
Willis White Associates (Civil & Structural Engineering Recruitment Consultants).
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org