Our client is an established and respected civil / structural design consultancy based in Essex, just outside of the M25. They have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee CAD Technician to join their team. This role would either suit a either a School leaver who has recently finished their A Levels, or someone who has completed an ONC in Civil Engineering or similar.
You will be working in a draughting / administration capacity under the supervision of Engineers and more experienced Technicians engaged on a wide range of Civil Infrastructure related schemes for residential & commercial building projects.
You should have an interest in pursuing a career in the Civil Engineering industry and a desire to work hard to achieve your goals. A knowledge of AutoCAD would be an advantage, but is not essential. Full training will be provided both in house and for further industry related qualifications.
In this role, you will learn to:
- Use a variety of CAD software programmes to create designs in 2D and 3D models.
- Create high-quality detailed technical drawings and plans based on engineer’s sketches.
- Liaise with the Civil team to understand their design requirements.
- Produce accurate, detailed and to scale drawings.
- Have a desire to develop a career within the engineering industry and be willing to learn new software packages.
- Have good organisation and time management skills to work to project deadlines.
A competitive salary will be offered which will be negotiable depending on the level of experience / qualifications. This is an exciting career opportunity with huge scope for continued development for the right individual.
Contact: Ian White,
Willis White Associates - Civil & Structural Engineering Recruitment Consultants.