TRANSPORT PLANNER - (BRISTOL)
Our client, a leading multi disciplined consultancy have remained busy during the lockdown period and have a strong, healthy and exciting workload for the future. As a result, they are looking to expand their Bristol team. They now seek a Transport Planner or Senior Transport Technician to join group of talented Transportation staff engaged in all aspects of transport planning including transport assessments for new developments, master planning, urban regeneration projects and travel plans.
The successful candidate will be heavily involved in the preparation of Transport Assessments and Travel Plans and in particular will focus on the preparation of junction capacity analysis, figures for reports, analysis of data and drawings of transport improvements including junction designs. He or she will work as part of a small team and will be required to undertake a variety of tasks that are required in order that report delivery deadlines are met.
You should have some experience of operating Transportation software packages such as
ARDADY / PICADY and LINSIG, good AUTOCAD skills are required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing junction and sustainable transport improvements
- Preparation of Transport Assessments and Travel Plans
- Highway capacity modelling
- Liaison with other professionals in the development sector
- Delivering project work of a high quality within budget and to specific deadlines
Skills / Background:
- Up to date knowledge of the Planning Regulatory framework, and knowledge of planning
and transport policy as applied to development.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant software e.g. TRANSYT, LINSIG, ARCADY, PICADY,
- Knowledge of emerging software that could be useful within the field of transport planning
- A working knowledge of the relevant highway standards, including the Design Manual for
Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and the Manual for Streets;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to prepare reports;
- A strong desire to progress within the field of transport planning
- Strong commercial acumen
This position provides plenty of scope for future career progression during an exciting phase of expansion. A generous salary will be awarded which will be negotiable and will reflect the individual's level of experience / ability / qualifications etc., but is likely to be in the region of £26-38,000 p.a.
Contact: Ian White
Willis White Associates (Civil, Structural & Transportation Engineering Recruitment Consultants)