Our client is an established and respected firm of Consulting Engineers with a wide and varied workload in the civil & building structures sectors. They are looking to appoint several key staff appointments to compliment their existing, successful team.
Associate / Associate Director - Civil Engineering
Their team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for their clients. This ethos has led to an expanding workload and the requirement for an experienced Civil Engineer who will enjoy the challenges provided by their diverse range of clients and projects. This position offers the successful applicant exciting opportunities to advance their career across many facets of the profession, opportunities to learn whilst working alongside senior management in a supporting role whilst assisting Graduate Engineers who are keen develop their skills and attributes as they work towards a professional qualification.
The position offers an excellent opportunity for an Associate / Associate Director Civil Engineer seeking to develop their career and business acumen and taking on new engineering challenges - right at the heart of a growing, talented, friendly and collaborative team.
Key skills & experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ post-qualification experience in Civil Engineering design
- BSc or BEng qualified and Chartered (or working towards Chartership)
- Expertise in infrastructure, highways and drainage design to deliver multi-disciplinary projects from concept, feasibility and planning through to detailed design and construction
- Experience dealing with adoption agreements for roads and drainage
- Expert in the use of relevant industry-standard design software packages
- Experience of dealing with clients and other members of the professional team
- An ability to communicate effectively, writing clear and concise emails, letters and reports
- A good commercial awareness and experience of managing day to day project finances and instructions
- An ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
This team undertakes the following tasks:
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies
- Pre-application planning advice, technical support for outline and detailed planning applications and the approval of reserved matters, discharging planning conditions
- Production of pre-planning reports, including Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments
- Preparation of detailed design information for construction
This opportunity provides a clear path for future career progression. They will provide generous salary which will be negotiable depending on the individual's level of experience and ability, but likely to be in the region of £50-70,000 p.a. together with a highly competitive benefits package.
For the right person, the opportunity to work remotely can be an option.
Contact: Ian White of Willis White Associates (Civil & Structural Engineering Recruitment Consultants)